Friday 25 December 2009

Leading my best friend to Christ

Do read the previous entry before this, it will be a double dose to the testimony of God's faithfulness!

Last Sunday, 20th Dec, was one of two evangelistic christmas services in CEFC. I often struggle in going without any pre-believing friends for such services. I invited some but none could make it. That morning in my QT, there was a sense of release from this subtle performance-based mindset. I went to church seeking to encounter God personally and was filled with joy. I sat with a sister whom I recently knew through the kid's camp.

There was a prior arrangement in the afternoon to visit my best friend from secondary school whose wife just gave birth to a baby boy (2 weeks old). We met for lunch at KFC@Jurongpoint before going to his condo. One thing led to another in the conversation and I eventually shared with him the E.cube and led him to Christ. The noisy environment around us was not a factor at all! God was present and it was a heartfelt sincere prayer my best friend uttered boldly to God. He has gone through much trials this year and God has already been working mightily. It was years ago since I started praying for him and God proved himself faithful not only to my prayers, but I am sure many of his other Christian friends as well. Am keeping him in prayer to be discipled.

If God had used me to lead someone to Christ earlier on in my walk, I would be more prideful. Today, I stand more humbled knowing that salvation belongs to our God. My faith is now more experiential, following the Hebraic understanding of the word 'Know' (that He is God).

Yesterday, I brought another secondary friend to the Mandarin Christmas Service on 24th Dec. His posture remains very guarded, but I know his heart was touched and perhaps one step closer.

By the way, after lunch at KFC, we went to his place to see the baby. It was really strange seeing a sec school friend caring for his baby! He's one of the first amongst the guys to be a parent :) We watched the movie Amazing Grace. It was fantastic! It's a great movie for a follow up, especially just after someone had received Christ :)

Praise Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! May you be greatly bless in your faitfulness to win the losts..