Wednesday 1 December 2010

BTW Nov 2010

Key take-aways from my 4th BTW at Palm Resorts (JB), Nov 2010:

1) Work for God is not to be a spiritual front but an outflow of a rich intimacy with God and in response to what God has already done first.

2) Realised my need to journey along with peers and resolved to take a decisive action to find one.

3) There is a danger of living in my own words, good in giving advice and wrongly assuming that I am living it out.

4) God of the "Even now". Joel 2:12-14

I have heard before that a lone ranger is a dead ranger. But I never saw myself as a lone ranger until this BTW. I had mentors I could go to for advise, brothers I fellowship with, my previous DG group. I know people in church. However, while all these should have a place in my life, I realise I do not have a peer who knows me intimately and my current journey. I have tried to be accountable to brothers before but it stops after a while. I pray for God to find me such brothers to journey along for the whole distance ahead. This is especially important as I am based overseas most of my time now and have put a hold to my IDT.

I have been exposed to Men-In-Covenant for two years now. However, it's only over this BTW where I begin to experience and catch the need of a men's ministry. We as men are more lonely than we look on the exterior. Amongst the leadership in MIC, I see the blessedness of journeying along with brothers. Leaders who embrace the confession of men, put an arm around them and pray with them. An authentic men's community is so powerful if we dare to open up and commit our time and efforts.

I was ministered to by God halfway through the BTW. My walk with God wasn't close when I started the BTW due to some distractions a week before. Although I wished I had remained more focused, but I learnt to journey along with brothers without having any deceptions that I am on a spiritual pedestal. I hope God did use me to minister to the brothers whom I prayed for.

I am thankful for my group. We broke the ice fast and there was a good mix of different characters. Some jokers and some more quiet like myself. I appreciated everyone's deep sharing and am encouraged by all our desires to draw closer to God. Hope that we can continue to journey along beyond the BTW.

No comments: